Certificate of authenticity
What is a CoA?
- Record of facts about print
- Stays with print for decades and centuries
- Allows future owners to authenticate
- Provided free with every print at Redipix.com
Prints from Redipix.com should last hundreds of years. We want to make sure that future generations have enough information about the print to appreciate it and to authenticate it. We provide a free Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) which is just a compilation of facts about the print. You can customize the CoA by choosing which paragraphs to include in the copy that goes with the print (if you sell it or give it to someone), while keeping a copy with all information for your records.
Although the law may not be enforced, some states require that you include a CoA when you sell a work of art.
Description of paragraphs in your CoA
You can specify which of the paragraphs below you want to include in your CoA.
- Title paragraph: You can enter optional title, location, and artist name for your image on the print customization page (image and captions tab). Enter the optional location only if the image is a photo.
- Limited editions: You can specify print number and edition limit.
- Printing lab data: We provide our name and contact information. If you leave out this paragraph there will be no branding on the CoA except yours.
- Print data: This includes the print date, paper used, ink, coating, size, and printer model number.
- Camera data: If available, we extract EXIF data from your image file such as ISO speed, exposure time, aperture, and lens focal length.
- Hanging instructions: Details about how to hang the print.
- Care instructions: How to clean the print.
- Warranty: If you have not included the printing lab data paragraph, you are responsible for informing your client about your warranty.
- Copyright: This optional paragraph specifies your copyright and gives a place for you to sign that the above statements are true.
- Contact information: Your contact information is taken from the billing address in your account
Example of CoA that includes all paragaphs: